Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Say What??

So, just when people are strating to get on my nerves and when I am starting to doubt that I'll actually make it to college in the fall, God has a way of surprising me. Seriously. I started to panic a little again last night over the whole college thing (which still totally doesn't seem like it will actually happen), and this afternoon when I went into work, I was informed that a kind hearted patron o the coffee shop left me a hefty tip in my "Rebecca's Global Grounds Scholarship" jar. I almost started to cry. I mean, the cheque was enough for a textbook or so, but seriously: the fact that people are willing to tip large amounts of money for a cup of coffee boggles my mind. At recent count, the tips in the jar have amassed more than $250 in only three weeks. And this is at a small town coffee shop. It's impressive to me. Not just impressive, but astonishing! People rock. I just wanted to thank people, in general, for being nice. I like it when the world spreads a little luv.

No comments: