Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day Three: The Five

Today was a little bit slower than the past couple, thank goodness; not nearly as much travelling!
I slept in this morning (although I am still not adjusted to the time difference, so my body thought it was waking up early) and went out for lunch with my Aunt and Uncle at this huge, and I mean huge, Chinese buffet. It was huge. On our way home, Uncle Mark took us for a quick stop at Erindale Park and the Credit river, and on a tour of "Millionaire's Road," which fully lived up to its name. How and why people can have houses like that bewilders me.
This afternoon Aunty Barb and myself went off shopping to the main mall in Mississagua, not so convieniently named "Square One." We decided to be big spenders and absolutley splurged on some $7 flip-flops and frozen yogourt. But I had a lot of fun hanging out with my Aunt.
Then, the coolest part of the whole day was the drive-on. We booked 'er over to a drive-in ttheatre just down the road and watched a new movie, "Next," which came complete with cheesy (and yet surprisingly cool) old promo's for the lobby and hot dogs, oh, and frozen dill pickles. Very bizzarre. But, overall, the whole experience rocked. And it was a butt load cheaper than the theatre.
Tomorrow is my last real day, that I am aware of, at my Aunt Barb and Uncle Mark's. Tomorrow night I move up to my other Aunt and Uncle's place (after visiting briefly with another Aunt and Uncle and wee cousins) for the night to visit with my cousin before moving up to the cabin for a couple of days. Then, Monday sometime, I'll be back in Mississagua for the night and flying home around noon Tuesday. So I guess my whirlwind vacation is far from being completed and I have at least another 13 hours or more of pure travelling before I reach my lonesome bed back in tiny ol' Linden.

No comments: