Thursday, May 17, 2007

Day Two: The Olde World

Yesterday was another day full of travel; I was exhausted by the time I got back to my Aunt and Uncle's place.
It was my first time ever on the train, and the experience over-all was fabulous! I was completely in awe of the beauty of this place. The trip down to Kitchener was breath-taking; I tok so many pictures! Then, when the train pulled into Kitchener, I was not only greated by my second cousin, but even my Grandparents came to pick me up. It was so sweet! We promptly went back to Grandma and Grandpa's place and had chicken noodle soup. Awesome! I always wanted to go for chicken noodle soup at my Grandparents place! We visited for a while before my cuz and I had to depart. I was sad, but know that I should come back and visit them before long.
My cuz is pretty much the keeper of all knowledge about Kitchener/Waterloo. He took me on a tour (we were on foot thank goodness) of Kitchener: my mom's old old house, Victoria Park, WLU, where he works, the first house in Kitchener. He took me to his house and showed me a bunch of old pics of mom's family and his, gave me a couple books I'm looking forward to reading, and then out for supper at this old boat house in Victoria Park, convieniently named "The Boathouse." We killed a couple of hours there talking about pretty much everything under the sun and then, sadly, headed up to the train station again. My day went so quickly! I had taken so many pictures, walked so many km's, and I ended up where I had started none-the-less. It was a whirlwind, but insatiably fascinating trip to "Berlin," as it was formerly named. It truly is a beautiful city though. I mean, it obviously has it's problems, but it could easily wet the appetite of any creative mind.

No comments: