Monday, March 12, 2007

Two by Two

Our basement flooded this past weekend. So much fun. Actually not so much. I don't think I have slept an entire night since Friday.
On Saturday I think there was a total of 15 people cycling through our house all night (right up until 1am, with the time change) and gallons of water taken out of our basement carpet. Now, all of the beds and miscellany are upstairs in our duplex, the fans have been going for days, the dehumidifier pumping away...the heat cranked up and the water turned off. The walls are wet 2 feet up and the capets feel like they should really be changed. My roommates and I found alternate lodging for the last couple of nights (Curt and Laura at their Grandparents, I was with the wonderful Thiessens and their absolutly gorgeous new shower!) and tonight might be the same story. My room, which is dryest, has boxes and a couch piled up on my bed, so even I can't stay here. For the bathroom we are foced to wander across the street to my roomie's grandparent's house.
So that was my weekend. My landlords rock, as they have been here every day dyring the place with towels and fans and helping us out.
I think our neighbour in the other half of the duplex had it harder off though. Fortunately, the Holdemens have been really helping thier own and have been taking care of her, and even hlping us by giving us blocks to set our furniture up on.
Other than that, the weekend was all right. On Friday night, four of us moved Curt and Laura's cute little Great Aunt Helen into the lodge here in town. That was fun. I felt usuful. She is the sweetest, most agile 80 or-so lady I have ever met. And happiest. No doubt the happiest. And she is about 4 feet tall, so she is adorable and I felt tall standing next to her.

No comments: