Monday, March 19, 2007

I Am Noah

Oh what a weekend. I swear, God has the sickest sense of humor.
It is now Monday afternoon, and guess what: my roommates and I are STILL homeless. It's pretty dumb, but I guess our house was built rather poorly and not really up to standards. But anyway, there is a funny story about our weekend.
My roommates and I were staying at their grandparent's house across the street from our house. But, sometime on Saturday (after I had a shower, go figure) Henry and Martha's hot water tank called it quits. No joke. I swear, I am bad luck for water tanks! So anyway, Sunday afternoon, Laura, Curt and I moved out to their parents house in the country. Since we aren't expecting to be back in our house anytime soon, we packed up the matresses and literally, moved in. However, Laura's Dad (though joking, of course) has fobidden me to take a shower in their house. From my point of veiw, he has good reason. I'm sleeping in the basement though, so if the place floods or tanks explode, I'll be the one to notice and have to deal with it.
Other than that, I've been fighting a rather dumb head cold again, and as a result was twice late for work at the restaurant on two consecutive days; I didn't even know I was working! I was not happy.
Sleep has still been eluding me a wee bit, but I did manage to get a refreshing hour and a half in before work this afternoon. Someone must really be praying for me too; I've had the energy to get through the days and have been feeling a lot less unhappy, which has been simply wonderful. It truly is amazing how much we, as humans, can let the runnings of life take control of us.

1 comment:

Spoke said...

Spoke's words of wisdom:

Make me a pie.

Don't get hung up on other people's values and belief systems.

Beer is good.

Don't let what is true, distract you from the Truth.