Friday, September 28, 2007

Days Go By

I am already preparing for my first midterm, which hits October 4th and is all about Linguistics. We had our first test in the same and I pulled off and even B- (70%). Pretty good, but far to average for my expectations of myself. I am not in school here, learning to be average--I want to excel! I mean, I know all this stuff, or I should, as all of the material is before me; I just need to figure out how to put the puzzle together.
Basically a whole month has gone by since I moved. I can not believe it! It feels like a lot longer. I mean, of course I miss home, of course I miss my family and friends, my job--everything. But I'm figuring it out, and it makes me feel all the more adult. I've made so many changes already, all for the better, and I can not wait for my loved ones to see me and to show them how I've succeeded thus far.
I went for a job interview for Starbucks the other day, and it went very well. I will know by Monday if I have a job there or not; please, please, please pray! I've also been making friends with far less difficulty. Well sort of. Although my LAS class is my favorite, the people certainly are not as friendly as those in my other two classes. The teacher rocks though: he was born in Brazil and grew up there and in Scotland, emigrated to Canada and has a thick English accent, as both of his folks were English (though he never once stepped foot on the Motherland's soil).
He is a doll.
My weekend plans this week are not yet made. Opps! No, I think I am going out for coffee with one of my Spanish classmates. Maybe We'll watch a movie here too, or something. My landlord's folks are flying in from Edmonton in a couple of hours, so this place is is going to be bustling with people.

No comments: