Friday, August 31, 2007

On The Road

I'm writing this from the desk in my hotel room in Abbotsford on the night before I move into my new home. Shortly after arriving here early this evening (and after heading out early last evening), we went and found the house I'll be moving into. That's when the panic started coming in droves. I'll be okay though.
Our trip, so far, has been good. Quiet, but good. We ended up camping in Golden, BC last night in a campground with a grumpy manager. Our site was barely big enough for our tent and Highway 1 was rising right next to us so we got to hear the semi's downshifting all night long. But it was a place to sleep, and that we did. It was beautiful there too. I have some pics that I'll link up later.
The 5 hours of driving time today seemed to drag on though. It was tough. I didn't want to miss a thing, because it might be a long time before we drive out here all together again. I ended up snoozing, reluctently, for a couple of minuets though.
There are so many thoughts going through my head; some scare me, and some comfort. The ones that scare me are mostly of what is going to happen after my travel mates leave me here on Monday afternoon. What am I going to do? I'm already feeling lost and overwhelmed. I can't even find bus tickets! But I hear this anxiety is normal, so that counts as a comforting thought. It'll pass and I know I'll be okay. Hope that I settle in here quickly though, and find something to find familiarity in. There is a farm here, with cows and a big red barn. Right in the middle of the city. Maybe that will qualify. There are so many people though! I mean, I've travelled out here a couple of times, but travelling here and knowing that you'll be staying here for a couple years is a touch different. Just, please, keep praying for me.

No comments: