Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Circa 2007

Two days out from my big move to BC, and I feel like all I am left with is the question, "Where did the last four months of my life go?" Between going to Toronto, Saskatoon, DEMO in Calgary, the West Coast, Edmonton, and State-side; between my roomies being gone; between late evenings at the Robinson's (which passed all too quickly)--when was there time for time to pass by?
I'm feeling somewhat sullen at this point. Tomorrow, my best friend leaves and I am not good at tear retention. Then I leave the next day, and I have to say bye to EVERYONE, while working. Note to self: invest in a lot of waterproof mascara. I mean, have no doubt, I am beyond ecstatic about my upcoming adventures, but the present is more than overwhelming enough to distract me.
Thursday afternoon I leave Linden 9just an hour and a half after I finish my last shift at the coffee shop), and I don't know for sure when I'll be back. I'm hoping Christmas for sure, but I can't say I will be financially set for that at this point.
I did find a house though (thanks to a fleet of prayers), and it seems pretty awesome. I'll have to put pics up here when I can. And my grants and loans and bursaries are all coming in. Everything that needs to be signed either is or will be shortly. The boxes are nearly all packed, the laundry just needing one more go, and the van is ready. We have our plans set, and the next two days of my life are not mine, but belong to everyone but me. I want time with everyone I can; I want to savor my last guaranteed moments with my friends and families.
UCFV starts on Tuesday, and I can't wait to be learning again. But does anyone know how to make this transition easier? I feel like I'm breaking up with everyone, and we all know how crummy that feels.

No comments: