Sunday, June 10, 2007

My Very First Energy Drink

So this week has been one for the books. Once again, a polar opposite from the beginning of the week to the end; I am thrilled to say I ended the week on top of the world.
God has, undoubtedly, been humored by me in the past little while. He's not the one testing m patience or faith, but rather a bystander, watching how I react to doors opening and closing. And then opening again. Turns out I can get a government loan for UCFV Abbotsford (which I have now applied for), and now the church has decided that they want to financially support my venture to college. No kidding! I'm speechless. I mean, the last thing I want is for the church to be thinking that I'm just in it to get monies out of them, which I'm not. I just want to go to school! Oh how I want to be learning again!
I move in to rez in 82 days or so. I think. I can't believe how the time flies. I mean, less than a year ago, I had no idea where I was going, was struggling to regain confidence after my first break-up, just moving out on my own, and basicaly learning the ways of adult life. I'm now a successful young lady, with three jobs (until the end of the month, when I'll say "So long!" to Cousins), the ability to fend for myself, and more confidence than I ever had before. Most of the time. I'm happier now to, far happier.
So anyway, in my meeting with the elders and pastor, I divulged that I might perhaps like to work for the UN or Greenpeace at some point in my life. Unfortunatly, this confession was met primarily with scoffing and some judgements (except from a couple men, who told encouraged me to give 'er beans). I'm thinking along the lines of foreign aid and/or their program UNESCO, which brings education and sciences into the counrties of the world where such things are currently lacking or unavailable. I think that is great! I don't believe a single person in this world lacks the right to be educated on anything, and I don't fully believe that I must evangelize the person first and teach them later, after they've accepted Christ. I am not a missionary. I am a teacher yes, a linguist no doubt, and my heart for this broken world of ours is undeniable, but I believe that God can be found and revealed in the ordinary day, through a verse of Shakespeare or the way a language flows. I believe that the subtle revelation can be the most powerful (a favorite of example of this is "The Lake Isle of Innisfree" by W.B. Yeats, check it out and see what he is saying!). I realize that the corporations cited above have become somewhat corrupt and broken, just like the rest of the world. But as far as I can tell, if God has laid such things on my life, such venues, why should I be judged if I want to work for them? Not everyone is called to work in a Christian environment! I mean, most of my life, I feel, I am going to be in a strongly Roman Catholic environment, but I have no doubt that God will be placing me there for some reason.
All said and done, I am fully excited and anxious to see where the good Lord is taking me. It obviously starts at school, as He is literally carrying me there. Thigns keep coming together, and my passions for what I am wanting to do are getting intensified daily. Honestly, sometimes I feel just so fully of excitment and hopefulness that I feel like I don't have enough sking to retain all the emotion. But then again, that might just be because I am a girl.

No comments: