Wednesday, February 28, 2007

And The Winner Is...

I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot! I'm going to BC, woot!

So, I'm going to BC. Woot! I'm excited, as I'm sure you can tell. And yes, I was doing the happy dance in my head while I wrote that.
My decision was made last night, after I recieved a reply to my inquiries from one of the student advisers at UCFV. I emailed her asking for some more specifics on their courses because I want to be sure that I am able to emerge as a college grad with a career, a job, and get on with meeting my goals. I want to teach ESL in Latin America right? So, I need to take courses that will get be there. And, as it turns out, UCFV offers a course which teaches me to do that exact thing (had I known this, my decision would have come about a LOT sooner!), not to mention their kick bum linguistics course and study aborad Latin American Studies. Oh, and their English program too. I mean, how perfect can things get? This is so perfect for me; Grant MacEwan, though closer and more easier on my pocket, offers nothing that can compare to this (no TESL course, which is pretty much the cherry on top of the icing on top of the biggest flipping cake you've ever seen!)
The only thing that makes this transition scary for me is the fact that in 6 or 7 months, I'm going to be in an entirely different stage of life, and I know it. I am currently in point 'A,' and the road to point 'B' is particularly challenging and unknown to me. Frankly, I haven't the foggiest idea of how I am going to make all of this work. Though I guess it hasn't been 'me,' persay, making things work up to this point so I shouldn't try to start now.

Another bonus is that we are painting the coffee shop! That rights folks, no more gross pinky stuff and badly painted green in the bathroom. Laura and I came up with a brilliant colour scheme, Wendy added her wants, and together, the three of us came up with a flipping swet design. This place is going to look unbelieably different! I've been wanting toleave my mark here and now I have the chance to. The original date for the change has been set for Easter holidays, though my fingers are crossed for a closer date. I'm just so excited! It is going to look soooooo good, and not like any other coffee shop you have ever been too!

No comments: