Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Orange Tango

You know what is pretty darn-diddly sweet? Spending a hot day at the lake. Yep.
So I was walking up my stairs this morning, and I saw something I thought was cool. It comes to me as a bit strange though because it seems so purely meaningless, but it kind of stuck with me. Her's the story: I bought some cute Gerba daisies the other day and put a bright orange one in an empty wine bottle in the window or our landing. I love these flowers so I already see them as beautiful, but this morning, when i was walking up my stairs, they seemed unbelievably beautiful. The sun wasn't nearly up yet, and the moon was long since set, but the way the street light just barely shone through the green bottle, highlighting a tiny spot like a star, and dimmly silhouetted the bright orange daisy and green ferns--by golly, it was stunning. I don't know why, but my brain seems to be attracted to such things. Fascinating.
I'm heading into the city to get my nose pierced in an hour! How exciting! Being that I have an attraction to shiny, sparkling things, i have a feeling that i'm going to go cross-eyed from constantly looking down my nose at the jewel.
I'm so happy. We finally have internet at our house! It only took two months and threatening to with-hold rent to get it, but I guess it finally worked. Sorry Curty.

No comments: