Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Hubbla Blubbla

Some guy told me that I look like a sexy secretary yesterday. It was kind of akward; they guy is probably twice my age. I am slowly getting used to being oggled by men; I don't actually like it very much--usually I wear 5 layers of clothes, don't really do my hair and I've pretty much given up on make-up because I don't think I should be oggled over--but I am sort of getting used to it. I don't even understand it. A sexy secretary?? I was wearing a grey sweater, dirty Vans, and jeans. How does that look sexy in the first place?
Anyway, yesterday was pretty fun. My friend and I went into th city to do some shopping, and it was that first time we have done so alone in a long time; things are getting better between the two of us.
We ran a couple of errands for some friends of our as well. This included going to a computer store; my girlfriend and I were unbelievably out of place. It was funny.
We went to the mall and ended up seperating because we both needed to find specific items that really didn't coincide with eath other. That was okay though, and I think it was probably better. Less frustration anyway. When we were leaving we ran into Raye-bear and Jared. We were holding up traffic in the parking lot. It was fun.
Then we totally went Barbie shopping! Not for us, but for some sweet little girls we know. We had so much fun! Barbie isn't as cool as she used to be though. Toys R Us had a somewhat disappointing selection.
It was cool being hyper and happier again. My girlfriend and I got some Hubba Bubba to celebrate the occassion. This resulted in fun as well. Oh! And we bought Curty a smilie face balloon and on the way home, I made one side into a happy-angry face that had a funny gotee, Hitler moustache, and angry eyebrows reminiscent of Trogdor himself. Curty found much joy with his balloon.
Oh! Yeah! The best part of yesterday, for me, was dropping off my snowboard at the paint shop for its first coat of paint! Earlier this year, someone gave me a board and bindings, but there were some girlie stickers on it and it was boring old grey. So, I decided last week that I was going to paint it. I then proceeded to joyously rip of the stickers and sand it down. The new base color is blackest black, and the shop said they could spray it on. Then, I want to do some a-symmetrical arcs in red and yellow. To finish it off, four circles on one end and the phrase: "Lo que no me mata, me hace mas fuerte" which is Spanish for "What does kill me only makes me stronger" on the front end. Totally cool. I'm excited. Oh, yeah, then of course when it is all done, a shot of clear apoxy will seal it all in a keep it from being scratched because I tend to fall a lot on the hill. Man, it will look totally awesome! I can't wait!

1 comment:

No Longer Here - see My Own Lamp Post said...

I once had a guy tell my I looked like shania twain. Yeah, right!! And for those of you who know me - I can't think of a more worse thing to say!